Have you created a LinkedIn Newsletter yet? If not, you should definitely give it a shot!
Before we tell you why, let’s talk a little bit about what is a LinkedIn Newsletter and how it works.
What is a LinkedIn Newsletter?
Very simply explained, a LinkedIn Newsletter is a series of Articles (called “Editions”) written on LinkedIn on a regular basis (weekly, monthly etc), around a specific subject that you care / know a lot about. Only now you’ve got subscribers and each and every one of them gets notified through a LinkedIn notification and via email about your latest LinkedIn Newsletter Editions.
Also something super cool is that the first time you write an “Edition” (i.e. your first Article within your Newsletter), all of your connections and also all of your Followers (someone does not need to be your 1st connection in order to be a subscriber of your Newsletter) will be notified via a LinkedIn Notification AND via Email, to join your Newsletter!
Why use a LinkedIn Newsletter?
Many reasons… check out a few of those here below:
- To add value to people from around the world with your expertise/knowledge about a particular subject area.
- To receive valuable feedback from others regarding your Newsletter “Editions”.
- To interact and engage with other professionals here on LinkedIn.
- To enhance your Personal Brand.
- To showcase yourself as an expert in your unique professional field and elevate your Thought Leadership.
- To serve as an additional platform for the distribution of your long-form content.
Finally, writing a catchy Name, Logo and Cover Photo for your Newsletter is crucial, while your punctuality in posting also matters.
So what are you waiting for? Give this capability a spin and let us know how it goes!
*LinkedIn is currently in the process of slowly rolling out the ability to create newsletters to its members globally, so don’t worry if you don’t have access to this capability at the moment, it is only a matter of time until you do!